Starch Room Operator
This job posting is no longer active.
Starch Room Operator, La Mirada, CA
This Position Pays $22.46 per Hour.
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. We are searching for a Starch Room Operator at our facility in La Mirada, CA. If you are a safety-minded individual, we want to hear from you today!
The Starch Room Operator creates value by safely operating production machines to meet and exceed the plant’s production and quality goals. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in the position will have exciting opportunities for advancement. If this sounds like the role for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures while helping to meet and exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Collecting and baling all waste from waste carts/buggies
- Verify all required Quality Settings on Corrugator
- Conduct all required IQS checks
- Operate the hogger to process waste during current shift and any leftover material from previous shift.
- Operate a forklift to move material around
- Reporting of waste information and trailer bale weights accurately
- Housekeeping of baler room and bale storage room to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handling all aspects of the machine’s daily production to include setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality, and performing daily maintenance
- Willing and able to work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Willing and able to work eight (8) hours a day and up to twelve (12) hours
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, construction or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) or more years of experience within the corrugated industry
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.