The Database Administrator will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level SQL Server, Oracle, and Cloud-technology Database Administrator (DBA) who is eager to contribute to the success of a diverse team. The DBA will be a part of an international team that provides database management and hosting services to Georgia-Pacific Corporation. Georgia-Pacific is a privately held global organization with over 35,000 employees around the world, involved in manufacturing. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, its employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
DBA would report to Application Support Team Lead of the KTC and will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of managed database systems. DBA will work closely and be directed by North American DBTS manager and DBA team on services catering to specific business issues as well as resolve database-related incidents. DBA shall have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and shall exhibit strong teamwork and organization skills. DBA will be expected to treat customer needs as a shared responsibility, rather than individual requests and needs. The capabilities developed shall be maintained to remain relevant and current.
What You Will Do
- Using your creativity and experience to develop and maintain innovative services in support of a growing portfolio of managed database systems
- Providing tactical and strategic solutions to solve specific business problems by working closely with customers and other DBAs
- Lending your database expertise to ongoing development projects across Koch companies Troubleshooting/Resolving database-related incidents and service requests within SLAs
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, or related field
- 3 - 6 years of hands-on SQL Server administration experience
- 2+ years hands-on with AWS RDS databases - PostgreSQL or Redshift databases with MySQL as added advantage
- SQL programming, Shell Scripting and performance tuning experience
- Experience managing SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017/2019
- Ability to administer large databases in a mission critical environment
- Understanding of database and storage design and best practices for AWS and on-prem
- Familiarity with database technology high availability solutions
- Python scripting knowledge is added advantage.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Must have AWS Experience for at least 2 years
- 2+ years of hands-on administration experience in Cloud database flavors like AWS RDS databases – PostgreSQL and Redshift.
- SQL Server 2012, 2016, 2017 and 2019
- SQL Server SSIS, SSAS, SSRS components
- Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers
- Good Knowledge on SQL and DMS replication solutions.
- Excellent Problem solving skills with SQL Database problems
- Experience in coding with Power Shell or Python scripting languages
- Familiarity with AWS components including EC2, S3, EBS, Glacier, and Snowball
- Good experience and troubleshooting skills with Windows 2008/2008R2, Windows 2012/2012R2, Windows 2016, HPUX, and Linux operating systems Knowledge and experience with computer hardware including servers, networks, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems, etc.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
- Shift timings – 8 AM – 5 PM and 2 PM - 11 PM and 4 PM – 1 AM IST
- Must be willing to carry a company-provided smartphone, have home high-speed Internet, and may participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
"Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace"