Network Operations Center Analyst
Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Global Services India (KGSI) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KGSI rapidly scales up its operations in India, it's employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization.
The Networking Operations Center Analyst will be a part of a global team that will manage Facilities Technology group that supports Molex. The Networking Operations Center Analyst will report to the Supervisor of the KGSI. The Networking Operations Center Analyst will work with colleagues towards resolving complex issues with innovative and efficient solutions.
What You Will Do
- Working in a large-scale environment under minimal supervision performing tasks per predefined documented procedures
- Monitoring interfaces and devices, domestic and global via a performance monitoring solution
- Working with third party vendors and onsite contacts both during routine deployment and outages providing first level troubleshooting and problem resolution including defined escalation processes.
- Providing and Auditing security access, as well as documenting.
- Ensuring escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner.
- Handling application job monitoring and restarts utilizing multiple job scheduling software systems.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring various platform issues including environmental and badge access to sites.
- Working in a small team environment interfacing with customers, locations, and time zones.
- Engaging in opportunities to expand on existing skillset in attempt to increase knowledge and reduce learning curves.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 1+ years of Technical support experience.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Servers, DHCP, and DNS.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with ticketing systems (i.e., Service Now)
What Will Put You Ahead
- A bachelor’s degree in technology, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of (CCTV/ Access Control / Structure Cabling).
- Experience with the administration and troubleshooting of large enterprise Physical Security and/or Data Center Operations.
- Additional experience in other technologies like Audio, Video/IPTV.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Other Considerations: (Physical demands/ unusual working conditions)
- Will participate in a shift support rotation covering 7-Days per week/365 days per year. May have to work Saturdays/Sundays with days off during the week.
- Working and moving equipment's, cabling and datacenter devices.
- Shifts (Once in 2 months (6 AM-3 PM,12 PM-9 PM,2 PM-11 PM,4 PM – 1 AM,9 PM-6 AM) and shift allowances will be provided)
"Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace"