Maintenance and Reliability Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for a Maintenance and Reliability Leader for our paper mill located in Halsey, Oregon. This position will be responsible for managing a department of roughly 50 employees (salaried and hourly). This leader will have a general understanding of the mill operations and will be accountable for the equipment reliability across the facility.
The Halsey Mill is a stable, high performing paper mill which produces consumer products. Reporting to the Mill Manager, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team focused on operations, engineering, safety, quality, environment compliance, and continuous improvement in this fast-paced, continuous manufacturing operation.
What You Will Do
- Lead and mentor employees to apply PBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles. Lead the organization toward excellence in safety, environmental, health, and compliance by identifying and resolving hazards with critical and high risks (risk management).
- Lead, mentor, coach and hold direct reports accountable for maintenance department results that are impacted by people performance and capability. This includes mechanical work process/reliability strategies, daily and outage work execution, precision maintenance and planning.
- Lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies
- Be accountable for the safety performance of the maintenance area while promoting personal accountability for working safely and addressing safety concerns in all areas of the mill
- Developing and applying strategic thinking to tactical improvement plans as well as initiatives. Embrace the direction of GP’s way of doing business and help continue to change the culture through tools, and processes available
- Demonstrate results by working effectively with other mill leaders and corporate resources to improve year over year results
- Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses
- Meet regularly with direct reports, and other maintenance team members to increase knowledge and improve skills
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/management experience over salaried and hourly workforce in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Able to read and interpret mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
- One (1) year experience in leading improvement efforts focused on Equipment Reliability and/or Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- One (1) year experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools to drive process improvement
What Will Put You Ahead
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial Management or a technical field (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical engineering).
- Seven (7) or more years of maintenance management experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Pulp and paper industry experience
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience developing and/or implementing Continuous Improvement/Lean initiatives.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of PLC's, conveyor systems, breakers, combustion systems, hydraulic and pneumatic
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf