Industrial Mechanic Millwright
Millwright - $43.26/hr
$1000.00 Signing Bonus Flexible Benefits Package and Pension Plan
INVISTA Canada's Kingston nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has immediate openings in our Maintenance Teams for Millwrights. Come build your career with us!
Our Team An integrated, supportive team of about 70 trades professionals and apprentices. A team where personal growth and teamwork are highly valued, and employees take ownership to deliver results safely and to a high standard of quality.
What You Will Do
- Mechanical Technicians are primarily responsible for mechanical preventive maintenance and repair work in accordance with our Environmental, Health, and Safety practices
- Execute preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
- Maintain accurate maintenance records
- Assist in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies.
- Provide mechanical training for operating shift team members and apprentices to build capability within the team.
- Type of work can include but is not limited to troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery, and mechanical equipment that may include motors, bearings, valves, piping, pumps, compressors, gearboxes, hydraulic, and pneumatic components
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Hold a current Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management.
- Availability and willingness to work shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 1 year experience in an industrial, manufacturing, refining and or chemical facility
- Multi-craft certifications
- Planning experience in an industrial or refining or petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment, finding root cause and developing solutions.
- Familiarity with machinery laser alignment
- Elevated work (Lifts, hoists, mobile crane)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, use of mobile technologies (tablets, phones, etc), use of apps, wi-fi connected technology.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, INVISTA has a long history of working to make the world around you a better place. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.