Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Reliability Engineer to support the Utilities area of the Naheola mill. Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
What You Will Do
- Participate and support in all areas to achieve Environmental, Health & Safety excellence. Possesses a passion for identifying and mitigating critical hazards.
- Root Cause Analysis Champion: Leads department Root Cause Analysis to the latent root cause of complex and/or repetitive failures and put in place executable corrective actions, tracking to completion.
- The Reliability Engineer develops and supports asset strategy execution for Power / Recovery / Recaust assets and reports to the Utilities Manager.
- Validates and builds as necessary asset strategies (OBC, PMs, Lubrication, Outage planning, etc) and systems based on RCAs. Works closely with equipment owners, remote monitoring teams as well as local maintenance and reliability teams.
- Analyze operational KPIs to identify gaps and areas of potential improvement. Utilize work processes to effectively improve equipment and process reliability.
- Transfer technical knowledge to operators and supervisors and promote continuing development of a reliability culture.
- Supports Boiler and Turbine Outage Planning and Execution.
- Provide technical support on both capital and non-capital projects.
- Work both individually with little supervision and together with a team to achieve improved reliability results.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Two-year degree in Engineering or other technical field or equivalent military experience.
- Four (4) or more years of experience working within a continuous manufacturing / industrial with an operation, maintenance, reliability focus or equivalent military environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering or Pulp and Paper Sciences degree
- Experience with collecting, assembling, and analyzing data, including data around operator interactions.
- Experience working in a Power & Recovery operations.
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts to resolve issues concerning manufacturing assets.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and CMMS Software specifically SAP.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf