INVISTA is continually looking to create long term value by embracing new technology and transforming how work is accomplished and we are looking for candidates with high motivation and drive to join our Laboratory team. Our plant is dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag industry.
The manufacturing facility operates continuously 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and this is a shift-based role working a 10-hour rotating shift pattern to cover 7 days a week.
As part of the Laboratory team, you will support testing requirements for nylon fibre and fabric testing, working with the Operations and R&D teams on site. We are looking for individuals that have ability to produce accurate, high-quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment with strong communication skills.
What You Will Do
- Perform routine QA testing to enable product release for our customers using a variety of physical and chemical test methods. Organisation of the testing priorities in collaboration with the laboratory team based on daily requirements.
- Support development of testing capabilities within the Operations shift team that are consistent with a vision of "Shift Runs the Shift".
- Review current lab testing policies and procedures as part of the team process to support ISO 9001 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste and simplify processes related to product testing, whilst maintaining safety and quality requirements.
- Actively promote safe working for self and others, by following correct documented procedures and using correct PPE.
- Embrace our Principle Based Management culture, acting as a Principled Entrepreneur to continuously develop yourself, your role and influence others as a role model to do the same.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Good co-ordination and attention to detail with the ability to work with precision equipment to complete testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively within a team environment and across functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic technical and scientific concepts and results.
- Demonstrated initiative, be a self-starter with the ability to manage work autonomously after training and manage changing priorities.
- High value for compliance, safety and environment.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with a strong desire to continuously learn and develop knowledge and skills.
- IT Skills – Use of Microsoft tools including Teams and SharePoint, ability to use in-house systems to accurately record and analyse data.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous work experience in a laboratory – preferably a fibres laboratory.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, INVISTA has a long history of working to make the world around you a better place. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.