Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Savannah River Mill (SRM) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in Rincon, GA (near Savannah, GA and Hilton Head Island, SC). This is a financial business partner role that creates value by providing actionable manufacturing analysis, forecasting, and financial reporting in support of SRM being a flagship GP mill. In this role, you will report directly to the FP&A Lead, and you will support all areas of the mill with a primary focus on fixed spending (labor, maintenance, and overhead).
Who We Are: The mill FP&A teams are comprised of a diverse group of individuals that have a passion for analytics, financial business partnering, and lifelong learning. Each team member has a strong contribution mindset (value creation), strong transformation mindset (change leader and innovator), strong technical skills (critical thinking, data driven, and business partnering), and strong communication skills (relationship builder and simplifies complex topics).
What We Do: We focus on supporting our mill manufacturing teams with insights and data driven solutions through reporting, forecasting, variance analysis and identifying cost savings opportunities. We serve as the primary financial business partner with our operations teams with support from Centers Of Excellence in Financial Accounting, Internal Financial Controls, Manufacturing Cost & Analysis, and Capital Accounting.
How We Work: Everyone is expected to be a team player, Principled Entrepreneur, and lifelong learner. We leverage comparative advantage to maximize team and mill results while also focusing on the development of each team member to help them achieve their career and personal goals.
How You Succeed: Strong partnership with mill operations that helps each team eliminate waste in maintenance materials, operating supplies, contract services, and labor (headcount and overtime) while implementing process improvements, new tools, and new analytical capabilities in these areas
What You Will Do
- Operations bet tracking and analysis to support decision making and drive operational improvements
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing KPIs ranging from productivity to cost (including direct & indirect) to help identify insights and opportunities
- Collaborate with manufacturing leaders and your team of peers to develop and track other key performance indicators
- Provide financial reporting including variance analysis and commentary
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed to support business decisions
- Advance the Principle-Based Management® (PBM®) culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Values
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business field of study
- Contribution/Collaboration mindset: You are an analytical thinker, details matter, you seek to build working relationships and partner with others to bridge gaps and solve problems
- Systems and Tools savvy: You can source and work with large volumes of data from multiple systems and use MS Excel and other tools
- Confident Communicator: You are able to present financial concepts to various audiences
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with SAP or similar ERP systems
- Experience with SQL, R, or Python
- Advanced MS Excel skills (i.e. financial modeling, forecasting, graphs, charts, pivots, macros)
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik)
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
Georgia-Pacific LLC, is a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf