At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. The perfect opportunity awaits you to start your career at Georgia-Pacific as a Production Associate at our corrugated packaging facility in Waxahachie, Texas.
We're looking to fill our open positions on 2nd shift (3pm - 11pm) and 3rd shift (11pm - 7am). The starting pay for this position is $22.00 per hour with a $2 shift differential . These entry-level hourly positions will support production by learning to safely operate corrugated production equipment while maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations. Our Production Associates work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy environment and work any shift including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- One (1) year or more of manufacturing experience
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com