This job posting is no longer active.
Optimized Process Designs, LLC(OPD) has an immediate opening for a Crane Operator for our job site located in Dodge City, KS
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities. Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long-term business success.
What You Will Do
- Operates a crane to lift, move, and position loads such as components, equipment, and solid or bulk materials, complete final inspections in accurate and timely manner demonstrating an understanding of how the product fits together. Stop, think and ask if design or fabrication results appear to be unusual or not right.
- Plans all lifts, uses proper capacity charts, completes pre-lift/critical lift sheet.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, or clamps as load requires.
- Perform daily crane inspections.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Observes functioning of equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, repairs, or replacements.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations. Capable of working on sites with muddy and or snowy conditions.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week when needed by project demands.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Valid Crane Operator license from an accredited institution for an all-terrain crane
- Valid Crane Operator physical
- Valid driver’s license
- Two years in crane operation
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be familiar with standard hand signals.
- Taken and passed OSHA equipment operating courses as required
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work outside in extreme heat, humidity, and cold conditions
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to meet the physical requirements mentioned above
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in oil and gas construction
- Previous experience using computerized control systems
- NCCCO certification
- Crawler crane certification
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, Optimized Process Designs (OPD) provides clients with detailed engineering packages in all disciplines, single-point procurement for all equipment and materials, fabrication and direct-hired construction services throughout the United States. We leverage in-house capabilities and provide services with faster speed to market to help deliver increased cost savings while minimizing risk.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.