Advanced Quality Engineer
Work closely with the Product Development team to develop and maintain a quality plan in order to manage and mitigate project risk to ensure a flawless product launch that meets customer's safety, quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
Develop quality plans for new products from component to assembly within a Product Development team. Monitor and guide Product Development team to ensure Advanced Quality Planning is used in the development process. Accountable to Product Development Team, manufacturing plants globally, and customers. Tasks can include complex problem solving activities and require the ability to multi-task and set priorities on many different problems on multiple new products at the same time. Travel requirements: 10% - 25% U.S. and international.
What You Will Do
- Quality Plan Development: Ensures the project Quality Plan for new products and product modifications are focused on the voice of customer and all project quality deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Risk Analysis: Facilitate product / tool / assembly design and process reviews and design & process FMEA reviews. Provide appropriate inputs based on an investigation of internal and external quality history, and lessons learned to ensure effective risk analysis. Use critical thinking skills and thorough active questioning to ensure all areas of risk for new product launches has been investigated.
Metrology / Qualification of New / Modified Parts: Facilitate the development of measurement plans /
methods and lead to effective dimensional qualification of new products at FOT (First Off Tool). Ownership of
gauges & necessary inspection fixtures to perform Measurement System Analysis, Capability Studies &any necessary statistical analysis with goal of Tool / Process Qualification.
Flawless Launch: Work with Manufacturing Plant AQP or QE to conduct Safe Launch activities. Perform processaudits and reverse (go & see) FMEA’s to qualify new production processes, and to ensure compliance to documented control plans.
- Customer Approval: Ensures Quality required documentations for new and/or modified products are completed per defined project timeline. Leads Customer PPAP submission and acceptance.
- Supplier Approval: Reviews and approves supplier product specific documentation on new and modified purchased components. Works with supplier quality engineer & sourcing to drive audits of their processes to ensure compliance.
Problem Solver: Lead in the problem solving (8D) analysis and resolution of new product related customer
complaints or internal quality complaints during launch. Support efforts for prevention of repeat issues &systemic improvements to the Product Development Processes to reduce New Products QNs.
- PBM & Quality Systems: Understand & practice the KOCH 5 dimensions & guiding principles, Lean / Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- BS Degree in Engineering or other related field.
- 5+ years experience in Quality Engineering or related engineering field.
5+ years knowledge of statistics - experience using Minitab or other software.
MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Able to travel (domestic and international) up to 10% - 25% of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Training in DOE, Advance Quality Planning Tools like DFMEA, Lean / Six Sigma, reliability test plans.
5+ years experience in Quality engineering in a new-product introduction environment.
5+ years experience performing PFMEA/DFMEA and using other Advanced Quality Planning tools.
Strong organizational skill to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload.
Good interpersonal skills for effective leadership and team facilitation.
Working knowledge of electronic module assemblies, electrical testing, molding, stamping, and plating processes.
Quality System (ISO 9001 or IATF 16949) and Supplier Auditing experience.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf