Sr Project Manager (Home Based)
Georgia-Pacific is searching for a Capital Projects Manager to join the Pulp, Power and Recovery Technology Center team. This role will lead and manage the development and execution of large ($10 to $100 million) capital projects in the Kraft Pulping, Recovery, and Power generation areas.
This is a remote based role that will support the Southeast region, with up to 80% travel depending on the location and complexity of assigned project(s).
The Georgia-Pacific Projects and Engineering Team consists of individuals across the United States working with our 28 continuous manufacturing facilities on capital project execution. We are engineers, project managers, subject matter experts, and designers focused on the completion of capital projects that deliver on the project bets while meeting or exceeding industry results for schedule and cost. We partner with our mills as one team, one vision, one result.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute capital projects. Responsibilities consist of managing scope, schedule, and estimates while applying judgment, initiative, economic and critical thinking skills
- Develop and evaluate alternatives that provide the best solution for long-term value creation, coordinating with the Facility, Business, Engineering, Sourcing and Legal teams
- Coordinate comprehensive project execution plan, including but not limited to design, risk mitigation, budget and integrated schedule planning
- Partner with procurement and sourcing teams to align on project strategies for equipment, construction contracting strategies, including bidding, cost evaluation, selection, and award
- Manage third parties including but not limited to outside consultants, contractors, and technical resources
- Communicate with operating departments, capability groups, maintenance and engineering to determine opportunities to add value to the facility/company and recommend/implement solutions
- Manage the execution of checkout and start-up activities and lead post completion project audits
- Apply effective project controls in capital execution, including estimating, scheduling, cost engineering, forecasting, management of change (Including proper use of challenge process) and reporting
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 7+ years of project management experience OR in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of project management experience
- Experience with executing large capital projects over $10 million
- Experience communicating with various levels of an organization (engineers, managers, senior leadership, constructors)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience in Kraft pulping and recovery systems
- Prior experience in power generation and distribution systems
- Experience with engineering and construction contracts and competitive analysis of bids.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis concepts and application of designs to meet safety risk profile
For this role, we anticipate paying $100k - $150k per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf