This job posting is no longer active.
Position Description/ Requirements
The QA Engineer will be responsible for end-to-end involvement in Agile Sprints for one of Koch entities in Bangalore, India. His/her major responsibilities include complete Requirements gathering of User Stories, creating test Plans in a Test Management tool, Designing & Execution of the Test Scenarios, taking care of entire Defects Lifecyle avoiding Defect Leaks in the Production.
Koch Global Services India is being developed in India to extend Koch’s IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Global Services India over the next several years. Working closely with regional and global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
The Enterprise Application Testing Engineer will report to one of the Quality Engineering Leaders at KTC.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
The QA Engineer will be responsible for: Understand respective Entity domains, business functionalities and technical landscapes of Applications in Scope
- Understand respective Entity domains, business functionalities and technical landscapes of Applications in Scope
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective and backlog grooming meetings with Agile team members
- · Requirements gathering of new User Stories.
- · Creating/Utilizing the Test Management tool in place for Test Planning, Documentation, Execution, Defect Management, etc.
- · Front-end: Designing & Manual Execution of the Test Scenarios/Cases within the guidelines of Sprint cycle
- · Collaborate with application team members for successful Test Execution & Defect Management.
- · Ensure test results are documented and communicated appropriately and defects have been entered timely in the defect management tool
- · Retest failed requirements following code fixes, adhere to the defect lifecycle workflow
- · Suggest Automation Team in converting Manual Regression Test scenarios if any
- · Publish daily, weekly and monthly status report Follow established test processes and test methods to ensure efficient and effective testing
- · Experience in both windows-based and web-based applications
- · Actively involve in Quality engineering transformation activities that can bring in efficiency and productivity improvements. Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices
- · Proactive, quick thinker and assertive. Flexible with the ability to and work under pressure.
- · Test Planning Reporting, Requirements and Defect Management
- · Collaborate closely with Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and other team members to fully understand the requirements and ensure high quality of the implementations and changes to enterprise applications.What
6 to 8 years’ experience on Manual Funtional Testing § Strong testing background in Manual, knowledgeable in different types of testing; functional, integration, regression, smoke, UAT Strong knowledge in SDLC, STLC, Defects Lifecycle and Agile methodologies Manufacturing / Logistics domain knowledge is desirable Knowledgeable in Requirements Management and Defect Management Ability to participate in application brain storming sessions, learn and retain application knowledge including business functionalities Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with limited guidance in a team environment Experience in Application Lifecycle Management tool, preferably Azure DevOps (MS VSTS); test planning, authoring test cases, managing test execution, and reporting in the tool Excellent critical thinking, communication & interpersonal skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
· Back-end: Execute medium to complex SQL queries and validate the results against the expected outcomes.
· Back-end: Execute APIs & validate the results against the expected outcomes. Experience in reading JSON/XML.
· Experience with at least one Test Automation tool · Experience in Software Quality Engineering initiatives – Automation, DevOps, CI/CD
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace".
This job posting is no longer active.