The Systems Engineer will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications and infrastructure services for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, its employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
The Infrastructure Operations Analyst will utilize enterprise monitoring and management tools to oversee the healthy operation of the network, server, and storage environments at Georgia-Pacific manufacturing locations. Scope includes on premise and cloud servers and storage, as well as Local Area Network equipment including switches, wireless controllers, and wireless access points.
What You Will Do
- Using enterprise monitoring and management tools respond to alerts, resolve issues, document and communicate actions taken.
- Validate that internal and external service providers met SLAs and service delivery expectations for key infrastructure assets.
- Ensure all network assets have complete and accurate meta data items stored in enterprise CMDB. Follow up with key contacts to maintain tags and meta data.
- Analyze infrastructure asset performance and develop thresholds and alerting for predictive maintenance across manufacturing systems.
- Provide triage and remediation for infrastructure services to Georgia Pacific Mill and Plant manufacturing facilities.
- Coordination with international infrastructure team members to support and optimize GP assets and services.
- Prepare effective dashboards and reporting for various levels of IT and business staff.
- Participate in project activities.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent degree.
- 5 years experience demonstrating subject matter expertise supporting core infrastructure components including virtual / physical / cloud compute and networking landscapes.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking and innovation.
- Desire to optimize and improve performance and reliability of GP‘s IT capability.
- Team approach to work product.
- Strong verbal and written communication; Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
What Will Put You Ahead
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
"Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace"