Product Design Engineer - High Voltage Connector
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
We are currently building our in-house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented High Voltage Connector Design Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support new connector and terminal product development projects as well as modifications and extension activities for legacy products through all product development phases required to bring concepts into production.
This role can be based in Bièvres in France or Wolfsburg in Germany.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute concept development activities with some guidance from senior engineer. Expected to provide concepts that are manufacturable, cost effective, & meet customer requirements. Develops & communicates mitigation plan for areas of risk.
- Supports documentation of the project scope, requirements, feasibility, & engineering workplan. Supports senior engineer & product management in capturing customer needs
- Executes DFMEA, FEAs, Tolerance Analysis and other theoretical studies
- Creates product models & drawings using GD&T methodology (Datum selection, dimensioning and tolerancing aligned with function) with some guidance from senior engineer
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures
- Responsible for material selection and justification for mechanical components
- Subject Matter Expert for High Current/High Voltage development
- Develop test plans (DVP&Rs) to validate product performance and analyze test results
- Identifies and provides feedback with recommendations to senior engineer of project needs
- Create / maintain engineering timelines, escalate barriers, and drive projects to completion
- Support senior engineer at technical reviews with internal and external customers using effective, tactful, verbal, and written communication skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science degree
- Experience in product design experience with basic knowledge in material mechanics, manufacturing processes, & engineering processes/tools
- English in a good level. French is a plus (conversational level)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems
- Envisions long-term implications of decisions
- Experience root cause analysis in High Voltage Connectors utilizing structured problem-solving methods (8D, 5 Why, Fishbone)