EHS Officer- 1 year contract
We are hiring for EHS Officer to join our Koch Engineered Solutions facility located in Dammam, Saudi Arabia on a renewable contractual period of 1 year
The person will be working in EHS department on projects
What You Will Do
- Through routine practice and ownership, apply the Koch PBM guiding principles as the basis and foundation of all activities.
- Drive EHS excellence such that compliance with all EHS rules and regulations is achieved and responsible practices are established.
- Ensure that all staff comply with company EHS procedures.
- Proactive introduction of EHS best practices
- Carry out EHS Internal Audits and follow up with closure status of EHS observations.
- Advise staff on EHS procedures where required and provide all necessary EHS training
- Execute; health, safety, and environment plans according to KES, and Saudi legal guidelines.
- Develop a culture of trust with all employees by establishing and cultivating relationships through effective interactions and timely response to employees concerns and requests.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Implement incident investigation and recurrence prevention programs and procedures using effective problem-solving skills.
- Identify EHS gaps and propose corrective actions.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- A minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in manufacturing or heavy industries.
- Experience in a Health, Safety, and environment affairs.
- Strong leadership skills towards site-based workforce.
- Ability to coordinate all relevant EHS activities to ensure all EHS requirements of the company are met.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to communicate effectively with shop floor employees, Supervisors and various levels of company employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene will be preferred.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to work under pressure
- Based locally in the Saudi region/ eastern province
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
KOCH ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS is a growing family of companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. Our equipment group business is supplying components for applications in various markets. The range of products includes burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners and vapor recovery systems for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion entity, packing, demister, trays, tower internals for our Koch-Glitsch entity and heat exchanger for our Koch Heat Transfer entity.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.