Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is seeking a Database Administrator to support our application portfolio, that serves a variety of KAES users. Being a market-based company, we are keenly aware that the technology diversity in the marketplace and its impact in business are ever increasing. KAES IT continues to understand, synthesize, and recommend technologies that will enhance the value KAES can create for our customers.
KAES and its subsidiaries distribute more than 13 million tons of fertilizer products annually worldwide. From an IT perspective, this creates a wealth of opportunities to develop your technical skills and to explore a variety of career paths.
The KAES Database Administrator is an IT Professional who will have the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose application and database issues. This role requires strong critical thinking skills to help resolve complex technical issues for business users. This person will also have an opportunity to continue building out our competency in proactive monitoring and application health as well as designing solutions for real business challenges.
Our Platform Engineering team provides advanced support, design, and maintenance for technologies both on premises and in the cloud. Database Administrator on this team, you will provide beginning to end support of database systems including implementation/architectural planning, daily support of the database and applications using those databases.
What You Will Do
- Run SQL scripts to update data in production
- Apply an application security patch to dev/uat/prod servers for end users or support to test
- Review system/application logs for troubleshooting performance or application issues
- Assist in planning an application upgrade
- Add disk space to an Amazon EC2 instance or building a new EC2 server
- Help an end user with a connectivity issue to a supported application
- Schedule a stored procedure to run via SQL agent
- Work with your team to troubleshoot a process through multiple systems
- Using PowerShell to automate log cleanup to preserve server disk space
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server / MySQL
- Basic infrastructure and server knowledge
- Basic scripting for task automation
- AWS technologies (EC2 and RDS)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with IBM Maximo
- 2 years of RDBMS support
- System architectural design/planning
- AWS technologies certifications
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) is a global provider of value-added solutions for the agriculture, turf and ornamental, energy and chemical markets. From agriculture to energy, KAES makes things grow better with plant nutrient and biological technologies. Our team of innovators unleash their potential while developing the technologies that feed and power the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.