Data Solutions Architect
We are seeking an innovative and self-driven Data Solutions Architect to join our dynamic, fast-paced data management, enablement, and transformation team. Your role will be pivotal in accelerating the realization of Koch's transformation vision through the creation of technical solutions that maximize the value of our data assets. In this role, you will partner with product owners and consumers to tailor solutions for business problems and contribute to the creation and dissemination of data solution architecture patterns, practices, and reusable frameworks. You'll be required to coordinate with fellow architects and engineers, creating cloud data solutions and implementing logical data models in line with business requirements. Your ability to research and recommend new technologies, coupled with strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, will be key in enhancing our existing data products and driving business value.
The DMET (Data Management, Enablement and Transformation) team is focused on developing a long-term sustainable capability utilizing data and technology to transform finance. This includes a diverse group with multiple teams focused on data platform technologies, specific data products and transformation. Our strategy will empower the finance and tax organizations to create superior value while consuming few resources, unlocking analytical capabilities, mitigating risk, and meeting ever-changing regulatory requirements.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with product owners and consumers to comprehend the opportunity and devise strategic approaches to solve business problems.
- Develop and share solution architecture patterns, practices, reusable frameworks, and best practices applicable across products/domains/Koch.
- Work in harmony with peer architects across the team/Koch to enhance and align with enterprise best practices.
- Analyze end user requirements and collaborate with engineers to craft data solutions and application integrations, adhering to the Koch Architecture First framework.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of IT teams, including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers, and vendors, to design modern cloud data solutions (data pipelines, lakes, warehouses, marts, analytics).
- Design, develop, implement, and manage logical data models in line with business requirements and aligned with conceptual models.
- Work alongside data engineers and/or data analysts to procure data, ensure data quality and distribution, and prepare key elements for analytics.
- Conduct research and recommend new technologies and applications to enhance existing data products, optimize costs/performance, and reduce time-to-business value.
- Exhibit strong conceptual, analytical, collaboration, problem-solving skills, and an ability to articulate ideas and technical solutions effectively.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining cloud-based data lakes, warehouses, reporting and analytics solutions.
- Experience in analyzing end user requirements and devising solutions that align with contemporary best practices in data solution architecture.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in business intelligence, data engineering, ETL, multi-dimensional data warehouses, and cubes, with proficiency in related languages and frameworks such as SQL, Python, etc. Familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau, Alteryx, or PowerBI is also desired.
- Capable of creating data models that pull from financial and accounting data sources, with an understanding of the financial data lifecycle in standard ERP deployments.
- General understanding of common DevSecOps/DataOps and CICD processes and methodologies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Providing strategic insight and direction to aid in the design and implementation of the DevSecOps and DataOps aspects of the project and solution.
- SnowPro certified and/or AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty and/or AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Experience in data virtualization platforms (e.g., AtScale, Denodo, etc)
- Proficiency in graph database technology, specifically Neo4j
- Expertise in tuning and cost-optimizing for dynamic requirements
- Ability to collaboratively drive consensus on complex matters involving diverse stakeholders where there may be varying points of view.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
Koch Industries creates and innovates a wide spectrum of products and services that make life better. Our work spans a vast number of industries across the world, including engineered technology, refining, chemicals and polymers, pulp and paper, glass, electronics and many more. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Koch employs 122,000+ employees across the globe.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf