Senior Controls Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC), a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is looking to add a Senior Controls Engineer to our team in Tulsa, OK.
John Zink is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support.
This candidate will focus on controls design, testing, commissioning, and startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC). The Controls Engineer will be required to program and alter all types of PLC’s, HMI’s, PID loop controllers, VFD’s, and other control devices. Development of control systems logic and automation programming for various product lines.
What You Will Do
- Assume overall ownership of assigned projects for control engineering related jobs
- Performing PLC programming and set up of other components such as HMI, VFD, controllers, recorders, etc.
- Automation engineering and design
- Test and commission control systems
- Assist sales engineers with proposals, cost estimates, and documentation
- Work with field technicians and customers.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with PLC programming
- Experience reading and creating technical documents (P&ID, electrical schematics for example)
- Experience working with specific codes and standards such as NEC, UL, CSA
- Ability to travel 10%
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10 years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, and PLC equipment
- 10 years’ experience with electrical and control panel design and troubleshooting.
- 10 years’ experience with NEC and NFPA
- 10 years’ Experience with any of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley PLC, Modicon PLC, Triconex PLC, GE Rx3i PLC or Wonderware/Indusoft.
- Experience with Safety Instrumented systems (SIS)
- Experience designing, specifying, operating, function testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of controls and instrumentation related equipment in the refinery and petrochemical industry. Flares, Thermal Oxidizer, Fluid Heaters/Furnaces, and/or Boilers
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy. #LI-RP3
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.