Koch Engineered Solutions is seeking an Infrastructure Technician – Field, to join our team based out of Katy, TX. As a member of the Infrastructure and Operations team, you will work with stakeholders and technology partners to deliver IT to remote construction sites. This position does require travel and lengthy periods embedded in the field.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Deploy field networks – travel is required
- Routing, Switching, printing, cell boosters, inside wiring, etc.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (docking stations, monitors, etc.)
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Work with support team to troubleshoot issues and ensure issues are being routed to proper functional teams.
- Work with various technologies such as Windows Servers, End User Workstations, Wireless networks, Virtualized environments, Cloud Computing, DevOps, printing, scanning, LTE, Fixed Wireless, Satellite, and more.
- Providing timely follow-up and completion of internal customer requests utilizing a central help desk ticketing system.
- Provide day to day operational support for system troubleshooting, service delivery/recovery, root cause analysis and resolution/remediation of technical issues demonstrating a high level of initiative.
- Will require travel at times up to 50%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with various network technologies (VLAN, routing, DHCP, etc,), internet services (LTE, Satellite, Fixed wireless/wireline), and structured cabling.
- Proven experience with in-depth troubleshooting, root cause identification and problem resolution.
- Experience providing technical support in an Enterprise environment.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, work in various manufacturing, field construction and office environments, climbing stairs / ladders.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf