Director of Planning & Analysis
Your Job We are seeking a Director level Analysis Leader in Atlanta, GA to support our Georgia-Pacific Building Products segment which consists of our Gypsum, Lumber, Plywood, OSB, and Composite Panels businesses. As an individual contributor and economic thought leader, you will primarily support the VP of Operations and Manufacturing Advancement Leader with insightful, actionable, data driven analytics, driving profitable actions and value creation. You will track meaningful metrics, communicate operational results, and drive process improvements for the group, with a focus on data accuracy, continuous improvement, and increased data visibility. You will partner with various capabilities and key leaders to drive meaningful change. We are seeking a leader with strong analytical and economic thinking skills that can also influence and build that capability and focus within the overall team. If you are contribution motivated and have a passion for data driven decisions and driving transformation… we want to hear from you!
Our Team: Our Financial Planning & Analysis team is made up of individuals that provide support to 125+ operating locations across the US, as well as at our corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. With us you will build an understanding of complex manufacturing and multiple business operations within GP. We have meaningful work to do and many opportunities to contribute!
What We Do: We focus on supporting our manufacturing teams with reporting, forecasting, variance analysis, decision support, and identifying cost savings opportunities. We work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvement and transformation. We serve as the primary financial business partners for our sites and our division. We are supported by our fiduciary partners as well as other Centers Of Excellence for Fiduciary Accounting, Inventory, Internal Financial Controls, and Capital Accounting.
How We Work: Everyone is expected to be a team player, principled entrepreneur, and lifelong learner. We leverage comparative advantage to maximize team results while also focusing on the development of each team member to help them achieve their career and personal goals.
Where We Work: At our plants and mills, and in Atlanta, we work a schedule that includes remote work, and ~three in office days a week. Some travel to supported sites will also be expected to foster and develop valued business relationships.
What You Will Do
- Partner with operations leadership to develop strategic plans and track tactical initiatives.
- Assist with disciplined operation process improvement opportunities.
- Perform financial analysis to support decision making and drive operational improvements in manufacturing.
- KPI and cost benchmarking/bet tracking and analysis to support competitive position.
- Provide transparent economic evaluations and analytical support, based in economic reality, to decision owners on business proposals for capital investment, major expenses, strategic initiatives, and ad hoc operations projects.
- Collaborate with business partners and the larger GP FP&A team to identify opportunities; develop and prioritize strategies that drive value creation and advance the current state.
- Drive change, with a focus on innovation, process improvement and solving problems.
- Consolidate, standardize, and streamline work processes: reporting, analysis and forecasting.
- Leverage best practices and share knowledge with financial analysts on the team to build capability and focus within the group.
- Advance our Principles-Based Management® culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Core Values and Principles.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Direct manufacturing analysis experience.
- Progressive career in accounting, operations finance, strategic planning or business unit finance role(s) that demonstrates an advanced understanding of financial concepts, economic principles, marginal analysis, variance analysis, valuation metrics and key business drivers.
- Contribution/Collaboration mindset: You are an analytical thinker, details matter, you seek to build working relationships and partner with others to bridge gaps and solve problems.
- Adept at providing decision support to business leaders: gathering data from multiple sources, performing analysis, originating ideas, providing alternatives, and presenting a point of view to key stakeholders.
- Transformation focused: You embrace and lead change and look to standardize and optimize work products.
- Confident Communicator: You present complex financial concepts to a range of stakeholders and engage effectively in multiple formats.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership Experience: You have developed capability in others; you connect stakeholders to the larger strategy and vision, establish clear expectations, provide feedback and skill building opportunities and keep partners engaged and motivated.
- Understanding of the continuous improvement process and leveraging disciplined operations to drive said performance improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business field of study.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (financial modeling, graphs, charts, heatmaps, macros).
- Advanced experience with data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik).
- Building Products, Consumer Products or Packaging Industry Experience.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Hiring Philosophy: All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are Georgia-Pacific is a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better. The Georgia-Pacific Building Products business is North America's No. 1 producer of wood panels – namely plywood and oriented strand board – and is a leading producer of gypsum products and lumber. Georgia-Pacific is also a major supplier to large do-it-yourself warehouse retailers.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our Benefits Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunities Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf