Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in Stevens Point, Wisconsin as an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal
What You Will Do
- Coordination with production planning for the successful receipt, shipment, and production of asphalt products at the terminal to meet customer demands.
- Tank to tank transfers of asphalt products and other raw materials
- Facility, equipment, and safety system inspections
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical and some electrical equipment in the facility
- Troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical equipment in the facility.
- Sampling and lab testing of asphalt products
- Inputting data into various computer based programs
- Support small projects within the Terminal, and assist with contractor management
- You are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights, weekends, and holidays in the event of unplanned events as required by the number of personnel in rotation.
- Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high precarious places, work around fumes or airborne particles and hazardous chemicals
- Must be available for an on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
- Must be available for flexible scheduling (Ability to start early or work past your scheduled end time as needed).
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- A valid driver's license
- Willing & able to reside within an approximate 45-minute drive of the terminal in Stevens Point
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Able to meet Physical Requirements for the role
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability
What Will Put You Ahead
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- Ability to work independently for periods of time
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline –delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf