Interconnection Project Manager
DEPCOM Power, a leading renewable energy company, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Interconnection Project Manager to join the team. This role can be based in Scottsdale, AZ or remotely with up to 25% travel. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity with a dynamic and growing company, this could be the perfect role for you.
DEPCOM Power's Interconnection Management Team executes full turnkey collection substations and generation transmission lines utilizing preferred partnerships with key vendors and subcontractors while coordinating with interconnection utilities across the nation. As a Koch Company, we implement Principle Based Management to continue driving innovation, hold our team to the highest standard and streamline our overall processes to ensure project success for each of our clients.
What You Will Do
- Be the point of contact for all utility coordination on transmission level interconnection projects by supporting various DEPCOM project execution teams by defining, tracking and executing all interconnection related tasks
- Lead utility coordination meetings on behalf of the project and often take a lead role of representation for the Project Owner
- Responsible for review of all interconnection documents including System Impact Study, Facilities Study, Interconnection Agreement, Handbook and applicable standards
- Manage scope of work delineations between the Utility and DEPCOM and managing coordination between DEPCOM internal resources, outside consultants, and subcontract partners
- Support Subcontracts Managers with well-defined scopes of work and thorough vetting of any reference documents critical to understanding that work and execution expectations
- Execution planning, creating project schedules, work breakdown structures, division of responsibilities and written narratives for each assigned project
- Report on a weekly basis to the individual Project Managers and the Project Owners with details on status, schedule and risk items
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with Substation design, construction, testing, maintenance, and close-out activities such as punch list creation, walk-downs, and as-built records
- Experience with Document Control software and/or best practices
- Familiarity with transmission voltage (34.5kV and above) construction practices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Utility scale solar EPC or Construction experience
- Solar, Renewable Energy or Utility industry experience
- Scheduling and/or estimating experience for transmission and substation scopes of work
- Experience in the T&D consultant and subcontractor industry
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, DEPCOM Power is a leading energy solutions partner for the utility solar and broader energy industries, providing project development support, engineering, procurement and construction, energy storage, repowering and operations and maintenance services. Our highly skilled team of conventional and renewable power industry experts work to deliver the lowest cost of energy and the highest rate of return.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf