Flint Hills Resources is now hiring an Operations Engineer to join the team at the Pine Bend refinery in Rosemount, MN. An Operations Engineer is considered the primary process technical resource for an assigned Business Team/Production Area.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, eligible for a flexible work arrangement and a “9/80” work schedule that offers every other Friday off and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
This role will be assigned to the Light Ends Business Team – with responsibilities for Fuel Gas, Propane & Butane Production, along with the Refinery Flare systems.
What You Will Do
- Operating Envelope Owner - Apply your process technical knowledge to establish & optimize the Unit Operating Envelope / boundaries within which the process is to be operated
- Troubleshoot / Diagnose - Lead the systematic troubleshooting of process-related problems and leverage root cause analysis techniques to determine the appropriate path forward for resolution (process control changes, equipment repairs, etc.)
- Drive Process Improvements - Utilize your analytical skills & engineering knowledge to identify, prioritize, and implement business improvement opportunities (EH&S, Utilization, Yields, Efficiency, Costs, etc.)
- Turn Arounds / Maintenance Events - Apply your process technical knowledge to make recommendations for scope to be executed Turn Around / Maintenance events, & then perform process technical inspections during the events to ensure critical engineering aspects are met for desired business outcomes.
- Partner with Operating Teams, & apply your subject matter expertise to perform process technical oversight of Operating Procedures to ensure quality that leads to desired outcomes.
- Apply your process knowledge as a member of cross-functional teams involved in process safety reviews for process & equipment changes/improvements (Management of Change, MOC)
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor of Science or higher in an Engineering Field
- Three (3) years or more of work experience in an industrial setting such as refining, chemical, energy, pulp & paper, food & beverage
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) years or more of process engineering experience
- Two (2) years or more of refinery experience
- Chemical/Petroleum Engineer Degree
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline – delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf