Senior Project Manager
Flint Hills Resources Pine Bend Refinery in Rosemount, MN, located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro, is hiring for a Senior Project Manager. This position will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is accountable for project planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. Projects generally range in size from $5MM to over $100MM.
We are looking for someone who can lead the project teams to successful outcomes of multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The culture at this refinery is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, eligible for a flexible work arrangement and a “9/80” work schedule that offers every other Friday off and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
We are integrated project capabilities group leveraging experienced engineering, cost, scheduling, construction, and turnaround teams to deliver highly competitive projects in support of the business.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple capital projects, ensuring quality, competitive performance, and timely completion
- Provide leadership to project teams, consisting of engineers, planners, schedulers, cost analysts, operations, and construction managers as well as interface with key stakeholders consisting of multiple business teams responsible for operations
- Develop principled and comprehensive project execution plans, focusing on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, construction, project integration, commissioning, and startup
- Communicate project status, key decisions, risks, and bets to various stakeholders within the organization
- Contribute to and lead transformation of the FHR project work processes to improve project competitiveness and capture value through project execution
- Infrequent turnarounds may require weekend and evening hours for project support
- Physical requirements including climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
- Travel up to 25% as needed
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Project Management
- Seven (7) years or more of project management experience in refining, chemical, or heavy industrial manufacturing environments
- Experience and capability to lead and coordinate teams while proactively working through challenges
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ten (10) years or more of project management experience in refining or petrochemical industries
- Experience leading a team and managing multiple initiatives/priorities/projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
At Koch Companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline – delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf