Senior Category Manager
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is currently seeking a Category Manager to join our Procurement team who is a strategic leader with proven success in exhibiting Principled Entrepreneurship™ (initiative, sense of urgency, responsibility, economical/critical thinking skills, contribution motivated and continuous improvement mindset) and is ready to partner with business leaders to drive category strategies forward.
The position reports to a Procurement Director, who is based in Wichita, KS with most of the team. This role is also based in Wichita, KS and will include up to 20% -25% of travel annually, predominantly domestic.
What You Will Do
- Understand and partner with our operations stakeholders to develop strategic vision and strategy which optimizes & enhances our competitive position for the categories supported
- Promote our business value drivers and mental models with strategic suppliers and encourage them to bring forth new ideas and solutions supporting those business value drivers
- Facilitate vendor feedback and relationship development by being the face of FHR to the supplier
- Contribute to supplier performance management systems by monitoring their capabilities and gathering feedback from category stakeholders
- Facilitate formal supplier performance reviews
- Create strong relationships with stakeholders and cross functional capabilities to facilitate recurring review on performance, opportunities and future needs for categories of responsibility
- Understand market point of view for categories and facilitate discussions with the business to optimize supply strategy to mitigate economic and supply risk
- Utilize best knowledge to continuously review category strategies to optimize accordingly
- Ensure knowledge processes are in place to create transparency to decisions and competitive position for categories
- Align supplier incentives with business objectives and ensure clear ownership between FHR and counterparties
- Develop an understanding of market position for categories of responsibility
- Facilitate bidding processes and coordinate with other capabilities for setting requirements and manage timeline
- Issuance and analysis of responses to bid packages including communication to suppliers
- Own contracts & agreement creation – partnering with legal, operations, and counterparties to develop agreements & templates that help meet the objectives & needs of the business
- Seek aggregation opportunities and collaborate with other FHR facilities and Koch companies to leverage purchasing power and value creation, when feasible
- Support projects by integrating key procurement milestones with the overall project timeline
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
More than one year of experience in category management, procurement or comparable experience
- Track record of challenging the status quo
- Demonstrated success partnering with internal and external customers
What Will Put You Ahead
Previous experience with procurement, account management, supply chain, commercial development, commercial/sales, scheduling/planning, operations and/or reliability
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in Business, Finance, Chemistry, Supply Chain, Project Management, Engineering
- Work experience in the chemicals or refining industry or another type of manufacturing environment
Position is not eligible for sponsorship.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline – delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf