Area General Manager - Corrugated Packaging
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking an Area General Manager (AGM) for our Corrugated Consumer Packaging business. This business leader will have P&L responsibility for 3 sites in the Great Lakes area including Milan, MI, Owosso, MI, and Circleville, OH. The Area General Manager is responsible for the overall business strategy and direct supervision of the commercial team members in sales and customer service. Success in this role requires a high sense of urgency and the ability to develop a high-performing team within a matrixed organization. Strong commercial, financial and technical acumen along with the ability to prioritize profitable action to transform the business are also critical to this role.
This position requires travel & reports to the VP of Consumer Packaging.
This is an exciting time for the Great Lakes market as we invested in capital to improve our capabilities and grow our capacity to service customers. We have a strong & diverse team that is committed to developing preferred partners and best in class service. The Area General Manager is critical to our success as this role leads our commercial sales team and partners with various capabilities to create value for customers and GP.
Location: Open to candidates residing in proximity to Milan, MI, Owosso, MI and Circleville, OH
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the day-to-day commercial activity, managing financial budgets, and direct client interaction
- Managing and develop team including a Customer Service Manager, Sales Manager, and their teams
- Leads a customer centric culture through performance excellence
- Manage financial budgets and improve profitability of the business
- Find and capture opportunities to innovate and profitably grow
- Set and align priorities and develop strategies that support a market focused vision
- Direct client interaction and build on existing and develop profitable new relationships with customers
- Coordinate with operations and other capabilities to achieve business goals
- Motivate others to achieve goals and drive continuous improvements
- Foster a collaborative environment between Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Supply Chain, and other internal capabilities within a matrixed organization
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental regulations, GP standards and practices
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- 5 or more years of direct supervisory sales or operations experience
- Business and financial acumen, particularly in the areas of analysis, pricing, forecasting, market trends and budgeting
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in any field with preference in operations, business, marketing, finance, management, or related field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with business-to-business sales growth or business development responsibilities
- Experience in the packaging industry in sales or operations
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement/change leadership
- Experience with managing a P&L
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf