Area Sales Manager
To further emphasize the organization’s focus on Preferred Partnerships and virtuous cycles of mutual benefit, we are seeking an Area Sales Manager for the Northern California Product Segment to support our integrated box business. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and driving solutions and profitable growth through defining and implementing sales strategies for the market. This is a highly visible role critical to our success at Georgia Pacific Corrugated driving continuous transformation to create value for our customer base.
The ideal candidate for the Area Sales Manager role is entrepreneur, open to challenging the status quo, and leading our commercial sales team to understand our customer’s vision and pain points so that we may maximize sales effectiveness through preferred partnerships.
This role reports to the Area General Manager. The ideal candidate will reside in a reasonable proximity to our Northern California box plants (San Leandro/Modesto/Madera California). Ability to travel up to 40% (including overnight travel). Relocation may be considered for this position.
This is an exciting time for Northern California as we are working to improve our capabilities and grow our capacity to service our customers. We have a strong & diverse team that is committed to developing preferred partners and best in class service. The Area Sales Manager is critical to our success as this role leads our commercial sales team and partners with various capabilities to create value for customers and GP.
What You Will Do
- Manage and develop our commercial sales team including recruiting, retaining, and ongoing development of the team.
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships between sales and operations as well as working collaboratively with other commercial business capabilities including Business Analytics, Revenue Management, Supply Chain, Marketing, Salesforce Effectiveness, S&OP etc.
- Continuous improvement of overall profit margin & seek opportunities to innovate and drive profitability through strategic road mapping and understanding the impact to the P&L.
- Responsible for creating market sales strategy & pricing that support a market focused vision.
- Continuously build existing and prospective customer relationships.
- Create value through customer success by adopting and utilizing our sales training process.
- Hold the sales team accountable for a robust pipeline based on the needs of the region.
- Ensure compliance & safety with applicable governmental regulations, GP standards, and site practices.
- Utilize Microsoft 365 applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and CRM Microsoft Dynamics.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Outside B2B sales experience
- Ability to lead a sales team and motivate them to achieve targets
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies and plans
- Business and financial acumen, particularly in the areas of analysis, pricing, forecasting, market trends and budgeting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in food or beverage industry (agricultural/produce, foodservice, wine/spirits) or California produce corrugated markets
- Knowledge of the packaging sector, manufacturing processes and design
- Proven experience as a sales manager or in a similar role
- Experience with P&L analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in any field with preference in business, marketing, finance, management, or related field
- Completion of a formal sales training program or demonstrated experience with leading teams in successful sales process
For this role, we anticipate paying $170,000 - $200,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf