Project Cost Engineer / Analyst
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) is looking for a Project Cost Engineer/Analyst who will be a primary point of contact for project cost forecasting, change management, and risk management on small to large capital construction projects and turnarounds. This opportunity utilizes data from multiple sources to extract insights and perform analysis.
We support cross site, cross functional teams throughout the project lifecycle on projects and turnarounds across (up to) 6 plants throughout the US and a site in Canada.
This position works a Monday – Friday work schedule, and is based out of Wichita, KS with expected travel about 25% of the time.
What You Will Do
Use critical thinking, analysis, curiosity, and collaboration throughout the following to enable cost competitive project delivery (but not limited to) functions:
- Analyze per project actual cost, schedule performance, and estimate details to forecast final cost per project at the cost breakdown structure level.
- Track project progress against the baselines (scope, cost, and schedule).
- Partner with project teams to identify issues and risks early and develop proactive resolutions and mitigations.
- Monitor purchase order commitments, manage change orders, and adjust forecasts to align with reality.
- Prepare various charts, tables and reports with insights to understand and communicate the forecast including what has changed and why.
- Works with team members in assessing data store solutions that supports dashboards, insights, and other analytical solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve project outcomes, data integrations, processes, and forecasting quality.
- Share knowledge and solve problems across teams to improve project results across KAES.
- Work around the field construction sites without assistance.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
Minimum of 2 years of experience in Projects within construction/oil & gas/manufacturing industry OR Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Administration or Engineering field
- Demonstrated ability to analyze trends/variances and determine root causes
- Experience creating and maintaining automated reporting processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience on projects and/or turnarounds in an industrial or construction environment.
- Experience with reporting and analytics software such as Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience with project cost management (including forecasting, change management, WBS/CBS buildup, risk management, reporting, etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Management and Project Controls tools (e.g. EcoSys, Maximo, P6 or similar project portfolio or scheduling tools).
- Experience performing risk based contingency assessments and identifying key drivers of risks.
- Experience influencing change across an organization.
Relocation may apply based on candidate.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) is a global provider of value-added solutions for the agriculture, turf and ornamental, energy and chemical markets. From agriculture to energy, KAES makes things grow better with plant nutrient and biological technologies. Our team of innovators unleash their potential while developing the technologies that feed and power the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf