Senior Accountant (Hybrid)
KBX is seeking a Senior Accountant (Hybrid) to join our growing team! If you are a Senior Accountant looking to make a move – we want to hear from you!
This position will engage with business leaders on a daily basis to determine and measure meaningful business metrics, with an emphasis on innovation and creativity. In this accounting role, you will also have primary ownership of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet and will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the underlying processes and transactions.
We are always interested in talented individuals, who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do. Candidates should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions. Candidates should also be proactive, internally motivated, and willing to drive change in a fast-paced organization while maintaining integrity and compliance.
KBX is a global steward for smarter, more efficient logistics, optimizing all facets of freight transportation and technology. KBX provides its customers with world-class capabilities related to transportation procurement across the world, visibility & technology solutions that help drive transparency and opportunities to eliminate waste within global supply chains. As the transportation arm of Koch Industries, KBX serves the growing demand for supply chain efficiency across broad logistics markets. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.kbx.com.
This position can be based at our corporate offices in Green Bay, WI or Wichita, KS
What You Will Do
Collaborate with business leaders to build efficient and sustainable accounting processes to support business growth
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reporting metrics to key business leaders
- Complete accounting activities associated with the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Analyze drivers of profitability by business segments
- Perform month-end closing activities and reconciliations
- Seek and share knowledge, identify opportunities for improvements, challenge the status quo, develop recommendations, and drive transformation
- Ability to complete tasks independently and with a high level of ownership
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting or Finance focused role that required a working knowledge of accounting processes
- Solid understanding of accounting general ledger and month end close, as well as financial reporting including Balance Sheet and Income Statements
- Experience communicating information to leadership and team members, both verbally and via email
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- Able to travel occasionally as needed, up to 10%
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in accounting and analysis roles
- Corporate accounting or financial reporting experience; that includes intercompany transactions, allocations, consolidations and knowledge of US GAAP and tax implications
- FSM Cloudsuite Financials
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx)
- Previous experience and knowledge of Internal Financial Controls
- Previous accounting experience in the transportation or technology industry
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, KBX provides the global transportation, logistics and technology solutions that help our customers deliver life’s essentials to people all over the world. We develop and deploy cutting-edge technologies to deliver better solutions for increasingly complex supply chains. Our team of tenacious problem-solvers are driven to create real, long-term value for our customers.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf