MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - CAMDEN PLYWOOD
Maintenance Technician - Camden Plywood
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
RESUME IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
· Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines and policies and procedures
· Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment for improved reliability and uptime
· Assist Coworkers and work in a team environment
· Maintain highest level of housekeeping standards for the facility
· Effectively communicate work performed and equipment statuses both written and verbally
· Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated manufacturing mill environment
· Walk on an elevated catwalk over 15 feet high and working confined spaces to perform daily duties.
· Utilize software to update tasks and tickets
· Troubleshoot equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
· 3 or more years of maintenance experience, whether on a previous job or by some form of maintenance training
· Experience troubleshooting equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues
· Experience cutting and welding
· Experience installing and troubleshooting bearings, sprockets, motors, gearboxes, pumps, chains, etc
· Computer software and tablet experience
· Must be willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
· Must be willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment.
· Must be willing and able to perform such tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for a least 8 hours a day.
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
· Experience troubleshooting Plywood Operations equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical issues.
· Advanced PLC/5, Control Logics, VFD drive experience
· Mobile Equipment Mechanic Experience
· Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical circuits
· Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
· Previous maintenance experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
· Experience reading blueprints, hydraulic and pneumatics
· Experience troubleshooting and maintain pneumatic systems
· Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and components
· Experience using alignment and precision tools (laser line, micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, etc)
SALARY AND BENEFITS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf