Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Forklift Operator in Jonestown, PA!
- $20.50 per hour with a $1,000 sign on bonus
- Shift differential is $1.00 per hour between the hours of 7pm and 7am
- You will have the ability to increase your compensation based on skills and contribution to the overall performance of the plant.
- This role is eligible for our Performance Pay program that could offer up to a 6% quarterly bonus.
- This facility works a Dupont schedule (rotating 12-hour shifts). You will work both shifts on a rotating basis, which are 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. There are days off between your night and day rotations.
- What is a Dupont Schedule? Click here to find out.
- Only candidates who are able to work this schedule will be considered.
- Jonestown operates on a point-based attendance program.
Georgia-Pacific’s Mailers is a part of the Packaging and Cellulose business, the Mailers business is expanding its product lines, working with key customers to create and launch one or more new products to complement our already thriving recyclable padded mailer business.
Watch a short 60 sec video to see what we do at Mailers: How We Make Mailers | Georgia-Pacific - YouTube
What You Will Do
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Loading and unloading incoming and outgoing materials and finished product using a forklift.
- Complete inventory/department documentation (both manually and with the use of a computer software system)
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and fueling equipment
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Previous experience operating a forklift safely in a manufacturing, industrial or warehouse environment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- This role works rotating 24x7 shifts (12 hours), with a 7-day break in every 28-day period.
Other Considerations/Physical Requirements
- This role will perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, and high-volume environment
- This role will be on your feet for prolonged periods of time and lift 35lbs occasionally
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf