Process Engineer - Float Hot End
Looking for a career path? Come grow with us and bring your knowledge and expertise to Guardian Industries! We have an immediate need for a Process Engineer - Float Hot End at our facility in Kingsburg, CA. This position creates value through ownership of process development, optimization, and continuous improvement. You’ll assist with managing a 24/7 float glass manufacturing process where raw materials are melted into molten glass and formed into flat glass and processed in downstream fabrication departments.
What You Will Do
- Build a foundational understanding of the float line including root cause analysis
- Develop safe, compliant, and reliable operations through standard work procedures and statistical process control
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization and manage projects to implement solutions
- Ownership of output quality, production results, and process waste
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving events
- Support the Operations team in a 24/7/365 environment
- Capable of leading or supporting, with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a cross functional team
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Operations Engineering, Materials / Ceramic Science, or another STEM field
- Experience with statistical data analysis and interpretation
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferred Qualifications)
- Float glass process experience
- Experience with data collection, SQL and database design
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in an engineering role
For this role, we anticipate paying $75,000 – $85,000 per year. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf