Capital Project Manager
Koch Ag & Energy Services (KAES) is looking for a Project Manager to join our Operations Services team who will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This will include developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction.
Preferred location is to be officed out of our Wichita, KS headquarters but has the flexibility to be officed out of alternate US KAES location.
Travel is 25% with up to 50% travel during critical events. Travel is flexible depending on needs at the business/site and is largely controlled by the individual.
Regular schedule will be a flexible 8-hour day, Monday through Friday, with a blended office/remote working model. This role is eligible for relocation and sign on incentives.
The Operations Services team supports multiple projects at KAES sites in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Brandon, Manitoba, Canada.
What You Will Do
- Work cross-functionally with groups to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Lead conceptual project development, front-end engineering, detailed design and construction, continuing through commissioning and post startup project analysis
- Be accountable for project development, planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work
- Utilize knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Communicate effectively and recognize opportunities for value creation and improvements
- Manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering discipline or Construction Management
- 5+ years of project engineer/manager experience in a refining, petroleum, ammonia, chemicals or closely related industry
- Experience managing multiple medium-to-large capital projects (>20MM)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 8+ years of project management/engineering experience in a refining, petroleum, chemicals, or closely related industry
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Refinery or Chemical plant project environment leading and/or coordinating cross discipline teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES) is a global provider of value-added solutions for the agriculture, turf and ornamental, energy and chemical markets. From agriculture to energy, KAES makes things grow better with plant nutrient and biological technologies. Our team of innovators unleash their potential while developing the technologies that feed and power the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf