Our Diboll, TX Particleboard Facility is seeking a qualified individual to join our manufacturing team as a Utility Operator. This position will create value by meeting and exceeding production goals while maintaining a focus on safety. Our Diboll facility is a 24/7 operation, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. We offer competitive wages, benefits and compensation increase opportunities as training is completed and skill sets advance.
Our Utility Operators will work 12-hour rotating shifts and the salary ranges between $18.50-20/hr depending on experience.
Georgia-Pacific’s Diboll particle board facility uses state of the art innovation and technology to manufacture particle board for the construction and cabinetry industry. Our particle board is used primarily in custom cabinetry and in self-assembled cabinetry sold by international furniture stores.
What You Will Do
- Operate a variety of equipment including forklifts, front end loaders, air lances, and other mill tools
- Create a safe workspace by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training on production equipment to fill in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Work in challenging, high-volume environments (heat, cold, humidity, grease, dust, noise, etc.)
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety PPE
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- At least one (1) year of experience in an industrial, warehouse, military, farming, construction, mechanical or production environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one (1) year of experience operating a forklift, front end loader, or other mobile equipment
- At least one (1) year of experience working in the plywood, lumber, or timber industry
- Experience conducting or attending safety meetings in a manufacturing environment
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf