Environmental Engineer - Air Permitting
The Air Permitting team is seeking an Environmental Engineer - Air Permitting to join our team. As an Environmental Engineer, your efforts will be spent enhancing our competitive advantage through air permitting. In this position, you will apply and further develop both technical and leadership experience to implement air permitting strategies and profitably anticipate regional business needs in a highly collaborative team of experienced permitting professionals.
We are open to candidates based in Minnesota, Texas or Kansas and this role is open to remote work within those states.
What You Will Do
- Work on construction and operating air permit applications, complete emissions calculations, and develop strategies for various air permitting projects, with the majority of projects currently located at our Texas sites
- Collaborate with Koch businesses to complete all necessary air permit applications, and work directly with agency personnel to obtain approval of the permit modifications
- Partner with Koch site leaders and site environmental professionals to gain alignment on air permit compliance demonstrations that are reasonable and achievable
- Share accountability with Koch operating sites on overall environmental compliance
- Communicate air permitting matters with internal and external customers and stakeholders, legal counsel, and public affairs teams
- Further develop team in complex air permitting
- Develop your knowledge of businesses and operations across KII
- Demonstrate critical thinking and entrepreneurial skillsets
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree in an Engineering or Science related field
- Previous experience collaborating in a team centric setting
- Previous experience managing or leading multiple projects concurrently
- Direct experience with air permitting (NSR and Title V)
- Previous experience executing all stages of the air permitting process for simple and moderately complex permit applications
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
Koch Industries creates and innovates a wide spectrum of products and services that make life better. Our work spans a vast number of industries across the world, including engineered technology, refining, chemicals and polymers, pulp and paper, glass, electronics and many more. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Koch employs 120,000+ employees across the globe.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf