Flint Hills Resources is currently looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do. If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply for our Database Administrator role,
Our Database Administration team is located at our headquarters in Wichita, KS and provides value to Flint Hills Resources by running and maintaining data used to make strategic business decisions. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining our traditional Legacy RDBMS engines with opportunities for exposure to non-traditional data storage technologies as our team continues to branch out into newer storage platforms.
This role is open to working remotely of the Midwest or Southeast regions of the US.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure databases are available, recoverable, and secure.
- Plan and implement database upgrade projects.
- Provide development and QA environments using established refresh procedures.
- Work with engineers to tune & troubleshoot application issues.
- Maintain existing DR & BC database initiatives.
- Enhance and optimize current data platform capabilities.
- Be open to new capabilities including data virtualization and non-traditional data storage platforms.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in Oracle Database Administration
- Understanding of Linux storage concepts
- Experience utilizing strong problem solving and decision-making skills while having attention to detail and follow-thru.
- Ability to prioritize day to day and long-term responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Oracle DBA skills and experience in standbys, access policies, job queues, LogMiner, etc.
- Unix/Linux OS experience
- PLSQL experience
- Experience with AWS (including EC2, EBS, RDS, DMS)
- Experience with Neo4j Graph database and Cypher
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, Corn.)
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline – delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf