Maintenance Technician 1
Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging facility in Owosso, MI has immediate openings for12 hours shifts in maintenance on the night shift. The two-week working schedule is as follows: 4on/3off one week, following 3on/4off the second week. Techs are assigned either straight days or straight nights (i.e. not a swing shift). Currently, Techs will be assigned night shifts (7:00PM - 7:00AM)
Our Reliability Maintenance Technicians work as a team sharing and applying knowledge to meet facility production goals and to increase capabilities. If you want to work for an industry leader and for a company whose core values include safety, integrity, compliance, and fulfillment, apply today!
This Maintenance Technician role offers a starting rate of $30.00/hr. with the opportunity to advance to $37.50/hr. with a $4,000 sign on bonus plus a $1.00 shift differential for night shift.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems and repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications, including but not limited to:
- pneumatic components
- conveyor systems
- programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- production machines
- Use hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience with 480 voltage
- Experience reading electrical schematics/mechanical drawings
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Provide your own metric and standard tools e.g.; socket and wrench sets, and Allen T-handles
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems
- Two (2) or more years of mechanic and electrical experience in a manufacturing, industry, or military environment
- Experience referencing the National Electric Code (NEC) or National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards on the job
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We specialize in produce, poultry, and bulk containers. With our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit:www.gppackaging.com
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: