Flint Hills Resources, LP has a lot of exciting energy around our growth and new initiatives. We are pleased to be adding a Project Estimator to the Project Controls Team located in Corpus Christi, TX at the Corpus Christi Refinery. The estimating role will partner with Team Based Projects and Construction Management in the development and delivery of Capital Projects and Turnarounds estimates from conceptual phase through construction execution budget reconciliation, and in the benchmarking analysis of project competitiveness.
We believe in being the most competitive projects delivery system in industry. We do this by leveraging industry benchmarking and internal performance analysis to create stretch goals via realistic target setting.
The FHR Estimator will bring data driven analytics based on Project Design and Execution deliverables with line of sight to project risks, and opportunities that influence improved outcomes.
We value data transparency and mobility to deliver a competitive advantage and have deployed a tailored Aspentech CCE and associated internally developed platforms to support these objectives
What You Will Do
- Develop complete project estimates with multiple disciplines in accordance with phased project delivery guidelines and procedures from conceptual phase (+/-50%), Funding (+/- 10%) and through to detail construction budget reconciliation (+/-3%)
- Develop detailed estimates based on varying degrees of engineering definition from:
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrument Diagrams
- Piping routing plans, Isometrics
- General Arrangements
- Electrical single lines and routing plans
- Instrument index and loop diagrams
- Civil and Structural layouts, elevations and sections
- Interface with project team as required to help identify, mitigate, and eliminate risks or gaps during job walk downs, constructability, and interactive planning meetings
- Advance the cause of Project Services by applying effective means and capability to interact, collaborate, promote and influence project team members and other capabilities
- Ensure compliance with all documented estimating development and the review and approval process
- Develop accurate, realistic, and competitive estimates based on competitive scope and execution that support industry leading results
- Prepare and Lead estimate reviews with and project team members
- Validate estimates are within competitive budgets, coded correctly and adjusted as required
- Ensure projects adhere to published change management procedures and validate and analyze submitted change requests
- Involvement in projects to understand the scope, current work status, future plans, etc.
- Quickly build rapport and establish strong networks with various project team members. Collaboration and effective communications-become a trusted partner
- Support Project Controls and FHR regarding innovation and experimentation within the company
- Travel domestically up to 10%
- Perform field activities (job walks, climbing) in an operating production facility environment
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Cost Estimating on industrial projects. (Refining, oil & gas, power, energy etc.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines to include piping, electrical, instrumentation, structural steel, civil and all related crafts required to perform project execution
- MTO, Cost estimating, change management and cost management experience
- Participate in offsite training as opportunities permit
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years’ experience in Project Cost Estimating with at least 5+ years of that experience preparing/supporting large capital project estimates ranging from 50MM to 250MM within the petrochemical or chemical industries
- Proficiency with ACCE Aspen Capital Cost Estimating software
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline –delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf