DEPCOM Power, Inc. is looking to add Commissioning Technicians to their team. The Commissioning Technician is responsible for providing commissioning support for solar plant projects entering or already under commissioning jurisdiction. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in the renewables industry space.
This role can be fully remote and will require up to 80% travel to project sites which will, at times, include weekends and holidays.
At DEPCOM Power, we design, build and operate some of the largest and most efficient solar plants for leading utility companies and asset owners. Our expert solar industry veterans have created a project portfolio of more than $4 billion, while successfully meeting every commercial operation date and energy output guarantee. Our superior capabilities are continuously expanding to provide enhanced energy solutions across the broader energy industry sector. As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, and with locations across the United States, we are looking for ambitious and entrepreneurial-spirited professionals to join us on our growth journey to transform one of America’s fastest growing energy sectors.
What You Will Do
- Work under general guidance to coordinate and perform commissioning activities
- Maintain documentation for all equipment and systems required on projects
- Participate in daily/weekly progress meetings with subcontractors
- Assist in preparation of plans at the beginning of projects for receiving, storing and managing materials and tools as required
- Provide training to subcontractors and 3rd party vendors, training to include LOTO and Energized Zone Training
- Maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklists and LOTO logs
- Coordinate and perform field troubleshooting of commissioned equipment, to include generating methods of procedures
- Assist in startup of commissioned equipment
- Manage time and work priorities independently
- Consistently apply and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and values
Project Site Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors, exposed to the elements
- Will sit, stand, walk short distances, and climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry on a frequent basis; maximum of 40 lbs. lifting
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis, to include kneeling or bending
- Experience working in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays
- Travel up to 80% to project sites as necessary
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with SCADA infrastructure
- OSHA 30 and/or NFPA 70.E certification
- Knowledge of PV Systems (including DC and AC components)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Understanding of prerequisite testing required prior and post startup of PV power plants such as ground testing, insulation resistance, VLF, VOCs, IV curve tracing
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, DEPCOM Power is a leading energy solutions partner for the utility solar and broader energy industries, providing project development support, engineering, procurement and construction, energy storage, repowering and operations and maintenance services. Our highly skilled team of conventional and renewable power industry experts work to deliver the lowest cost of energy and the highest rate of return.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf