Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite in Dodge City, KS has an opening for Rig Welders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for a rig welder include:
- Must own portable welding rig including PPE and jack stands,
- Reading drawings, taking measurements, reading isometrics, and installing piping efficiently
- Welding pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications
- Operate tools and equipment including: angle grinders, beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, torches, magnetic drills, welding machines, and a Saw-Zall.
- Possess skilled knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc. as required.
- Possess general knowledge of welding equipment and operations.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a rig welder include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 years of general welding experience.
- Must be able to read, write & communicate in English.
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be able to pass code welding test: ASME Section IX 6G pipe test (SMAW & GTAW) and AWS D1.1 plate test for structural welds (SMAW).
- Must demonstrate the ability to produce welds that are 100% x-ray quality and visually acceptable per the construction code i.e. ASME B 31.3.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings.
- Must be a safety role model.
- Must own rig and all required equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5 years of experience as a welder
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
- Previous experience being a leader for safety
- Strong interpersonal skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf