Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician
Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician
Georgia-Pacific is looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician to join our Containerboard team in Monticello, Mississippi. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn new concepts and technologies. Our E&I Techs work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. This position starts at $29.78 hourly or more based on experience/ability.
Georgia Pacific Monticello is a stable employer on 2,200 acres which employs 450 employees. This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential.
What You Will Do
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
- Troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Actively participating in our safety program
- Helping the facility meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Communicating with all levels of the organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings, within a team environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12 hours a day
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- High School Diploma or GED
- A two (2) year Technical degree or higher in Electrical Maintenance OR at least three (3) years of electrical or electronic experience in an industrial or military environment
- Experience operating, monitoring, adjusting, maintaining and troubleshooting machinery
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, AC/DC motors and motor controllers & drives
- Experience troubleshooting D.C.S. (Delta V) systems
- Experience troubleshooting and calibrating pressure, temperature and flow transmitters, control valve positioners and other instrumentation
- Experience troubleshooting Analytical Instruments, P.H., Conductivity, Density, O2, Co, etc.
- Experience working with 2300 volt and 13.8 kV switchgear and protective relays
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day – to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: