Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in Savage, MN. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer-oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products by truck and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Bonus eligible!
- Automatic 401K company contribution and competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
This role also offers a flexible 9/80 work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Use the data management system to input computer data and manage assigned duties
- Support the team as you manage small projects
- Product production and transfers
- Equipment maintenance and mechanical troubleshooting
- Testing of system safety devices
- Periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility
- You will need a valid driver's license
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Is able to respond to audio alarms, or other loud noises that would indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with computers
- Ability to meet all physical requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more operations/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- Mechanical, electrical, or process work experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf