Director, Strategy & Business Development
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is currently looking for a Director of Strategy & Business Development (S&BD) for its DEPCOM Power business. The S&BD capability is a vital component within the DEPCOM leadership team driving business strategy, initiatives, and transformational change.
As a member of the KES and DEPCOM leadership teams, you will need to thrive in a fast paced and innovative environment. You will work collaboratively with the commercial, operations and leadership teams to drive profitability improvement, organic growth, and acquisition strategies. Strategy examples include development of an energy storage business, exploring distributed energy opportunities, developing new capabilities in project self-performance and specialized asset life-cycle services, project financing and acquisition, and inorganic acquisitions. Through this work, you will partner closely with the CEO and business unit leaders, ensuring good economic thinking and decision making to grow the business consistent with our values and Principle Based Management.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as a leader and culture carrier in a recently acquired business, ensuring organizational connection to, and application of, Koch’s frameworks and mental models.
- Educate the DEPCOM team regarding, and assist in the application of, Koch’s decision-making framework, economic thinking, and risk philosophies to ensure continued increase in risk adjusted NPV.
- Lead and organize the creation and capture of growth and optimization strategies by partnering with DEPCOM leadership to:
- The Experience You Will Bring:
- Develop market points-of-view and assess long-term value creation potential of new and ongoing opportunities.
- Assess the business’s capability advantages and gaps and create related action plans.
- Identify, frame, and prioritize profitability improvement and growth strategies (i.e., organic growth, investments and acquisitions)
- Act with urgency and tenacity to advance ideas to decision points and to execute approved strategies to capture the related value propositions.
- You will report to the KES S&BD lead and maintain an active dialogue, through weekly calls and meetings, on DEPCOM strategic developments and potential actions. Coordinate resources within KES’s S&BD and finance capabilities as needed to advance critical strategies and opportunities
- Further, you will partner with KES deal teams to explore investment opportunities across alternative power, Smart Grid, and related emerging technologies
- Leadership experience within an accounting, finance, business development or commercial capability.
- Deep experience applying decision making framework.
- Experience building strategic partnerships within a dynamic business environment.
- Experience in thinking economically and ability to challenge, guide and lead others.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strategy, commercial development / business development, or finance leadership position in a global organization.
- Leadership experience in a project-based, manufacturing, or commercial environment.
- Experience driving culture through successful business growth and transformation.
At DEPCOM Power, we design, build and operate some of the largest and most efficient solar plants for leading utility companies and asset owners. Our expert solar industry veterans have created a project portfolio of more than $4 billion, while successfully meeting every commercial operation date and energy output guarantee. Our superior capabilities are continuously expanding to provide enhanced energy solutions across the broader energy industry sector. As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, and with locations across the United States, we are looking for ambitious and entrepreneurial-spirited professionals to join us on our growth journey to transform one of America’s fastest growing energy sectors.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf