Material Handling Technician
Material Handling Technician
Our Savannah River Mill located in Rincon, Georgia is looking for Material Handling Technicians. This role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. The Material Handling Technician will learn, apply and teach the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes. This role will report directly to the assigned shift Performance Coach (PC). The successful candidate will exemplify MBM® and will advance our culture by ensuring their team is capable and aligned and that all employees behave in a manner consistent with our MBM® Guiding Principles.
Our Savannah River Mill in Rincon, GA began operations in October 1986 and is considered a world-class operation in the industry. Five of the world’s 12 largest tissue paper machines reside at the facility. Our operation is designed to produce products primarily from recycled fiber. We have over 50 converting lines that make the tissue, towel, and napkin products in our retail and away from home markets. We strive to be a valued member of our community and we’ve built strong partnerships over the years as part of those efforts. To learn more about Savannah River Mill, please visit our website: www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Savannah-River If this sounds like a team you would like to join, we are interested in learning more about you!
This position pays $21/ hour and will work a rotating shift schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing automated equipment within a High-Performance Work System
- Collaborating with Manufacturing Engineers and Reliability Coordinators to ensure appropriate support to the Asset Strategy of the assigned equipment
- Actively engaging in the development and execution of Zone Ownership and/or equipment Primary Person Responsible (PPR)
- Expanding mechanical and electrical knowledge through internal training opportunities
- Understanding standard and robotic palletizers, stretch wrappers, conveyors and LGVs
- Possessing basic mechanical skills and basic electrical skills
- Demonstrating basic computer skills that can include Microsoft Office Software
- Multi-tasking and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Being self-directed and transferring knowledge
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of experience within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year or more of experience troubleshooting in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with robotics development and troubleshooting
- One (1) year or more of experience troubleshooting/working on conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in Logistics or in a Material Handler role
- Experience with palletizers, stretch wrappers, conveyors and LGVs or similar equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf