Senior Project Buyer
Koch Engineered Solutions Equipment Technology & Services (KES ET&S) is looking for a contribution focused Senior Project Buyer to lead the execution of procurement activities for engineered-or-order environmental process control systems for the Tulsa location. With the goal of attaining and fostering order execution excellence in the eyes of our customers and achieve a preferred partner status. In this role you will drive on-time delivery of high-quality products and equipment, execution of project procurement plans, and clear communication with project team members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure all subcontracts activities are carried out in accordance with the project procurement plan, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- All procurement functions including sourcing, negotiating, and expediting various materials and services in an ‘engineered-to-order’ environment.
- Continuously source & develop supply alternatives (including overseas opportunities) to reduce costs while maintaining production schedule requirements.
- Work as part of a cross functional project team consisting of Project Engineers, Project Managers, Project Quality Managers, Commodity Buyers, and suppliers to ensure the delivery of a quality, on-time, and cost-conscious system.
- Ensure that all aspects of the project deliverable are properly considered.
- Develop and/or execute comprehensive project procurement plans in alignment with Global, Regional, and Presale (ITO) Sourcing strategies.
- Proactively communicate status updates to the project teams and stakeholders within the organization.
- Seek opportunities for value creation and innovation in the project procurement process.
- Ability to manage multiple technically complex projects.
- Utilize Principle Based Management for all decision making and interactions with business partners.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering related field or equivalent procurement experience.
- Direct purchasing, project procurement, project field procurement, or EPC procurement experience.
- Experience reviewing technical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of ASME code requirements.
- Ability to travel as required. (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- CPM, CPIM, PMP Certification
- Formal negotiations training
- Eight (8) years of subcontracts management experience in an oil and gas manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf