ATR Controlling Business Partner
Who is Guardian Industries?
Guardian Industries was founded in 1932, and today is part of one of world’s largest companies – Koch Industries. We offer growth to those who earn it and generous benefits to our employees. One of Guardian Industries companies is Guardian Glass.
As one of the world’s largest and most respected glass companies, Guardian Glass is changing in the way people think about glass. We’re finding the ways to make glass larger, more energy – efficient, more transparent, more insulating and just smarter. And our work does not just stay in the lab. It becomes the world’s tallest buildings, millions of homes and the massive amount of energy saved when the right windows are installed. At Guardian Glass, we are taking one of Earth’s simplest materials – sand – and turning it into a key building block of tomorrow.
As part of Guardian Glass Finance organisation, this role supports the Europe Controller’s capability and is based in the office in Katowice, Poland.
The key essence of this role is to facilitate virtuous cycles of mutual benefit within the finance capabilities through a combination of strong communication and analytic skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review and understand business drivers impacting legal entity balance sheet, P&L and cash flow statements.
- Investigation and explanation of variances comparing to plan, trend and cost model
- Ensure that financial results are provided in a timely manner, with accuracy and reasonability
- Active support in month end closures
- Develop and effective execute of high level checks
- Develop, test and Implement effective financial controls to safeguard company assets and protect integrity of financial data
- Harmonize collaboration within the finance capabilities through effective communication, organization, and delegation skills
- Governance of Finance Solutions teams’ performance with help of agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Support key business decisions and projects from accounting process SME perspective
- Analyse process gaps to target, identify the issues and waste, assist in development and implementation of the innovative solutions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Accounting/ Finance educational background
- IT skills and proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English; any other language would be an asset
What Will Put You Ahead
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fixed Asset knowledge would be an asset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills to identify gaps and eliminate root causes
- Very effective organizational skills
What Do We Offer
Flexible working time
Private medical health care
Fruits and snacks at the office
Team building events
Internal and external trainings
Work in Principle Based Management environment, where we promote honesty and respect, we prefer self-reliant employees with initiative over micromanagement, we openly share the knowledge and expect employees to be eager to learn