Are you an Electrical Technician looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for self-motivated and knowledgeable Industrial Electricians in Palatka, FL. This position creates value by troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on equipment leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. E&I Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment. If you think this is the perfect job for you, please read more to apply!
Starting pay for this role is $35.79/hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Embracing and advancing our company’s culture
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment in compliance with plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer specifications
- Responding to all electrical and instrumentation issues
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Effectively communicating work performed and equipment statuses via written and verbal communication in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Effectively collaborating with other team members
- Transforming our campus into a continuous learning environment by proactively sharing knowledge and methods to enable us to create long-term value
- Working overtime, weekends, rotating shift work, and holidays when needed
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing appropriate PPE
- Working in a manufacturing plant environment that would include extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- At least three (3) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Two (2) year degree in an industrial technology field with at least two (2) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Experience with industrial controls PLCs, motor controls, control valves, and electrical distribution
- Experience with industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure and temperature
- Experience reading electrical and mechanical schematics / blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Manufacturing
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Experience with mechanical maintenance, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application
- Experience in the Paper products manufacturing industry
- Experience in DCS systems (Digital Control Systems) (including Honeywell or Foxboro)
- Experience in PLC systems (including Allen Bradley or Modicon)
- Experience with robotic systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com