Position Description/ Requirements
The BI Developer will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, its employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining/supporting dashboards, analytics, BI models and data solutions that enables the business to make and inform timely decisions.
This position will report to the KTC Technical Lead in Bangalore but will be required to interface daily with Business Intelligence teams in Atlanta, Georgia.
In this role, you will work with IT, accountants, finance, manufacturing, Customer Service and others.
Georgia-Pacific LLC is part of Koch Industries, a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- · Develop business intelligence and data warehousing solutions to meet business needs.
- · Work with users and BI team to develop business requirements and documentation.
- · Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot existing ETL jobs, BI models, dashboards and reports.
- · Troubleshoot, fix and explain failures/errors in data or dashboards.
- · Answer user’s questions regarding BI models/cubes and reports data.
- · Develop standard reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
- · Be able to present and partner with non-technical user base.
- · Adopting best practices in the implementation and execution of support processes
- · Collaborating with various IT teams such as infrastructure support, networking, database administrators, web development and business application developers
- · Participate in scheduled Agile meetings
- · Keep your VSTS items up to date
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience.
- · Exceptional problem-solving skills
- · Self-motivated
- · Minimum of 3 years of hands-on BI work
- · 3 + years of experience in SQL Server BI including SQL server database, SSIS, SSAS cubes, SSRS
- · Proficiency in writing Complex SQL Queries.
- · Experience in Debugging and Optimizing SQL.
- · Exposure on creating/maintaining design related artifacts like source to target Mapping documents, data flow diagrams and RCA documents.
- · Understanding of BI concepts - OLTP vs OLAP
- · Experience in an Agile environment
- · Experience with Git and VSTS
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
- · Worked in Manufacturing / Packaging industry
- · Knowledge of S&OP (Forecasting, Supply Chain, Transportation) , Finance and Accounting
- · Experience in working with Infor, Kiwiplan
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data stack implementation
Koch Proud to be an equal opportunity workplace