Reliability Engineer- Electrical (Remote)
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer for the Capital Projects and Engineering Asset Strategy Team to support electrical asset strategies for Georgia-Pacific companies. The Reliability Engineer will validate current electrical asset strategies and develop new strategies working with Bills of Material. They will work with multiple facilities supporting a wide range of equipment. This person will work in a dynamic team environment and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
This is a remote opportunity with up to 25% travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop hierarchy from OEM equipment lists
- Development of bills of materials into our systems (PassPort, MP2 and SAP)
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to solve problems and provide status updates to customers and suppliers (e.g., commitment dates)
- Prioritize workload based on incoming material from OEMs
- Periodic reviews with manufacturing facilities to discuss progress on projects
- Responsible for continuously updating the information in the CMMS, i.e. “Bills of Materials”
- Lead asset strategy projects for different locations we have in North America
- Develop Asset Strategies for equipment to maximize equipment reliability and provide for a continuous stream of information to project managers and operations
- Expand the use of model work orders to capture repetitive work so that the work can be optimized, and craftsperson productivity is maximized
- Initiate changes to improve the effectiveness of the work process
- Travel up to 25% of the time to meet with plant personnel, get to know the equipment, work with technicians, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering OR in lieu of a degree, four (4) years of experience of electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using a CMMS system (computerized maintenance management systems) building hierarchy and/or developing Bill of Materials
- Experience applying reliability concepts in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with hazard awareness and risk reduction concepts
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Reliability planning experience
- Experience improving operator-technician knowledge & skill within a manufacturing environment
- Experience using MP2/Passport and/or SAP
- Excel experience to include creating pivot tables and analyzing data
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf